Sunday, March 21, 2010

Revolution!

Last week's weather was so nice - it kept me out and about - and not blogging! Apologies for my sporadic posts - mainly sorry to Mom, one of my few readers :)

I've been meaning to write about Revolution Brewing for a week or so. It's a really cool new brew/pub in Logan Square (full disclosure: one of my cousins is an investor). The decor is really impressive and no detail has been spared. The theme of "revolution" is used in multiple ways. They have a fist logo that is used on all of the taps and it's also carved into the wood bar.

The beer takes center stage and they have several that are brewed in house. I've heard great things about their stout, but in all honesty, I'm a light beer drinker so most were too strong for my taste. Mark and I tried each in-house brewed beer by ordering the beer flight which allows you to taste them all - and my favorite is 'The Wit.' It's a well-flavored light beer and it's perfect for weak-beer drinkers.

The food is also really good! They've tried to ensure Revolution is about more than just the beer. The menu includes Neapolitan-style pizzas with a variety of toppings, delicious and gourmet burgers, pulled pork sandwiches, vegetarian and vegan fare, and fish and chips. It has lots of other options too - including salads and pot roast. They make their own rolls and have a special pizza oven to perfect the crust of their individual pies.

I was really impressed with the food selection. I tried a variety of items including the steamed mussels, the burger with bacon and cheddar, fish and chips and pulled pork. I highly recommend the mussels and the burger. Both were truly delicious - and the burger's bun is a real treat. The fish and chips and pulled pork were good too, but not my favorites.

Revolution is a happening new spot. I enthusiastically recommend heading over soon. The beer, food and environment are all really good. I can't wait to go back for a fun night with friends soon - plus I've heard the desserts are tasty!

Tab: $40 for two (including two pints of beer and an appetizer)

No comments:

Post a Comment