Monday, March 8, 2010

Quartino

Sometimes my sister and I go on dates - and often we head to Quartino. It's a really lovely Italian place on the near north side (near my office).

They offer tapas-style Italian, so it's the perfect place to go to share dishes and gossip. The last time we went we had a great time, as usual. We split the funghi pizza, grilled shrimp and lots of bread with oil and cheese. Everything was delicious. I especially like the funghi pizza - they load it with mushrooms and it is wonderful [full disclosure: I LOVE mushrooms].

In the past we've ordered the broccoli rabe, eggplant parmesan, and a meat and cheese tasting appetizer. Each of these has been great, too. We've tried a lot of the menu and never have been disappointed.

Quartino is affordable, yummy and has a great patio in summer. It should definitely be on your to-do list, if you haven't been already.

Tab: About $30 for two (w/out wine)

No comments:

Post a Comment