Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ann Sather

I turned 25 on Sunday, March 21. You might find the next statement ridiculous, but it made me feel kind of old. When I was in high school, I remember thinking about my mid-twenties as a time when I would be fairly 'established' in my adulthood. It's not like I wanted to have a kid by now (I did not and still do not), but I think I figured I'd own a house, dog and be well on my way to stealing Peter Jennings' old gig. I did get married recently, which is certainly a big step into serious adulthood, but other than that, I don't really have many of the things figured out that I thought I would. That said, I think 15 year old Jenn would be surprised, but pleased.

***
In high school, sometimes my mom would make me Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for a quick breakfast (served with fruit, of course). Since then, sometimes I crave cinnamon rolls. So, on my birthday I went for a big brunch at
Ann Sather, home of Chicago's best, fresh cinnamon rolls. The rolls are enormous and served warm in pairs. I love them!

With the cinnamon rolls, I had the Veggie Florentine. It's a version of Eggs Benedict, that substitutes the ham for veggies. It's somewhat healthy and really tasty - if you like hollandaise sauce like me. Ann Sather also has really good Swedish style pancakes, which are thinner than normal pancakes and almost like crepes.

There are a couple Ann Sather locations, but the one in Andersonville is the best. It is a great place for brunch and it's bigger than many of the other brunch hot-spots, so you probably won't have to wait for a table.

Tab: About $25 for breakfast for two (w/drinks)

No comments:

Post a Comment