Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mixteco


This is a very belated post - my apologies. Last weekend, Mark's Dad and his lady friend were in town from Columbus, Ohio. Plus, this past week was busy with work and birthdays (Happy B-day, Fi)! I'm back and have some great restaurants to tell you about from the week's festivities.

When our guests arrived last Friday, we walked right over to Mixteco Grill. Mark and I had been there before and really enjoyed it. The restaurant is always very busy and it's hard to get in with out reservations, we had called a week in advance. The space is really small, colorful and loud. It's a fun place to go.

They serve lots of chips and green salsa to start - and it's delicious. We started with a crab dip, guacamole and the Corona Beer we brought (it's BYOB)! It was a great start -the crab dip in particular was fantastic. Small chunks of crab, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, an unidentified cheese and lime juice came together into a tasty appetizer.

For the entree, Mark's Dad and I both ordered the scallop dish pictured above and Mark had a pork dish with plantains. The scallops were cooked perfectly and I really enjoyed the rice and asparagus that came with it. The chipotle sauce it was served on was too spicy for my taste. Mark's pork dish was really good - it's served on a mole sauce that we both enjoyed.

We all had a great time and I would definitely recommend the place for a nice dinner. I've also been for lunch - which is still good, and cheaper!

Tab: About $80 for four people (not including the beer we picked up before)

1 comment: