Monday, February 15, 2010

Hema's Kitchen

My bestie from college, Fiona, turned 25 this past week and we headed to Hema's Kitchen to celebrate. It's an Indian restaurant in Lincoln Park that's BYOB. I love Indian food - it's spicy, rich and absolutely delicious. I can't get enough naan, chicken tikki masala and chicken curry.

I tried something new at Hema's and got the chicken biryani. It's a really spicy rice dish. I enjoyed it, but I think I like my normal dishes better. I also tried the chicken tikki masala from a friend's plate and it wasn't the best I've had. Not bad, but all in all the place is just okay. The naan is great, but I don't think that it ever tastes very different. Maybe that's just because I have simple taste buds...

I can't say I don't recommend it, but if you are going to try Indian, go to India House. It's a little more expensive than Hema's, but totally worth it.

Tab: About $15 per dish

No comments:

Post a Comment