Monday, May 3, 2010

Prasino

Prasino is a new restaurant in the suburb of LaGrange where I grew up. It serves seasonal, organic and local food for breakfast, lunch and dinner - and it's becoming really popular. I tried it for breakfast with a friend yesterday.

The decor is really nice and matches the organic focus with clean, modern materials and colors. I started with the specially made veggie-fruit juice of carrot, lemon and orange. It was really tasty! Then, I ordered the veggie omelet which is served with a side of roasted potatoes and either pancakes or toast - I got the pancakes. The omelet was good, but truly nothing special. It's way too big; I think they probably used five eggs to make it and they were kind of skimpy with the veggies. The pancakes were good, but again not really impressive. The potatoes were the best part of the meal since they were really well seasoned.

My friend got the healthy french toast on multi-grain bread. I didn't try any, but she said it was good. Towards the end of our meal we had a surprise visitor: we found a spider on the french toast plate. We let the manager know and he gave us complimentary raspberry sorbet and organic pistachio ice cream. These turned out to be the best part of the meal - by far! The pistachio in particular was really great - and I'm not even usually a fan of that flavor.

I'd go back to Prasino again, but I'd rather try lunch or dinner and I'd definitely save room for dessert.

Tab: About $9 for a breakfast entree

No comments:

Post a Comment