Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cafe Selmarie

Cafe Selmarie is an adorable little bakery/restaurant in the heart of Lincoln Square. I'd been wanting to go for years and I finally made my way there for breakfast yesterday. I met my friend, Dyan, at about 10:00 and there was no line!

The decor feels kind of french; there's a bakery shop in the front end of the store and the restaurant is tucked into the back. There are windows lining one wall that face onto a cute little square, where tons of adorable young families with kids and golden retrievers walk around on sunny Saturday mornings. It's really kind of idyllic.

I ordered a small orange juice and the breakfast burrito with salsa, guacamole and sour cream on the side - plus it's served with a side of hash browns. The burrito was really big and was filled to the brim with scrambled eggs and cheese. It was tasty, but best when combined with the toppings. The hash browns were really well-seasoned.

Dyan ordered the chilaquiles casserole, a fresh baked casserole of eggs and corn tortillas in a spicy chile sauce with pulled chicken breast and queso fresco; topped with avocado, sour cream and cilantro. As usual, I couldn't resist a bite of my companion's meal and it was delicious. A little spicy for me in the morning, but delicious.

I would definitely recommend this cute spot - especially in the summer when the outdoor seating opens.

Tab: About $9 for a breakfast entree

No comments:

Post a Comment