Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Egg Harbor

I committed a cardinal sin this weekend: I went to a breakfast place and ordered lunch. What was I thinking? I immediately regretted my decision.

For Mother's Day brunch this Sunday, my family went to Egg Harbor in the southwest suburbs. The restaurant has multiple locations, but I've only been to this one. It was packed - and we waited an hour for a table.

When we finally did sit, I decided on strawberry-orange juice and a chicken salad sandwich. The juice was super sweet, but really good. The sandwich was okay - too much cheese and over-buttered bread do not make a great sandwich. It was served with a side salad doused with a far too generous portion of poppy seed dressing and mini potato pancakes. This amounted to an odd and disappointing combination of foods. Basically I spent the entire meal pining over the egg, ham, mushroom, cheddar cheese and potato skillet my sister ordered. Alas, I'll know better next time.

Egg Harbor is not my favorite brunch place, but it is pretty good. Also, compared to city prices, everything seems really affordable here.

Tab: About $9 for a skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment