Thursday, April 22, 2010

Apart Pizza Company

Mark and I typically order Giordano's thin crust for pizza - it's one of the only pizza places that will deliver to our apartment. While I do like Giordano's, the amount of cheese they pile on can be overwhelming. Plus, I'm always looking for new takeout places to supplement my sporadic cooking attempts, so recently we tried Apart Pizza Company. With two far north side locations that both deliver to us, we had to give it a whirl.

We ordered the Tricolore pizza, featuring slices of tomatoes, spinach and goat cheese, and the plain Margherita pizza. We usually try the Margherita everywhere we go; I like it because you get to really taste every ingredient and see if the sauce, cheese and crust are to your liking. Both pizzas were pretty disappointing. The crust was too thin and cracker-like, there wasn't enough sauce and the cheese was overpowering - both the mozzarella and goat cheese seemed saltier than usual.

I won't be ordering here again and I'd advise you to stay away, too. If you have been here and like it, please let me know what you've ordered in the comments. I almost always enjoy pizza, so if I'm missing out on their best pie/dish, please share.

Tab: $25 for two medium pizzas

2 comments:

  1. i can't vouch for their specialty pies, but i've really enjoyed their margherita pizza in the past. the low cost of their lunch special (10” pie, 1 fountain drink (12 oz.) $5.50) might influence my perception of the pie, however!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll try it at luch, D. Thanks! I know that prices often influence my enjoyment, too!

    ReplyDelete