Wednesday, January 20, 2010

52 Restaurants in 52 Weeks

After six years and a few months, my college sweetheart, Mark, and I got hitched! There were lots of fun parts to our wedding, but among the best was receiving great presents. I know you aren't supposed to admit that, but I can't help it. Our friends and family were incredibly generous and we received lots of money, lots of things to use in our home (read: small apartment) and a few new 'experience' gifts. The experience presents include gift certificates for golf lessons and cooking classes and something called the a la card Chicago.

The card is actually a deck of 52 $10 gift certificates to Chicago restaurants that have "killer food and great passion." I was really excited to receive it (thanks, Dyan)! We have until December 31, 2010 to use them and you need to spend at least $25 at each place. I think the card is a really great present for a newlywed couple like us - we have an excuse to go out on dates and try new places.

It also seemed like a neat idea for a blog - my own Julie & Julia, but with less Meryl and more Mark (again, thanks to Dyan for the blog idea too)! So, please read and let me know what you think as I eat my way through the deck and write about my first year of marriage.

~Jenn

1 comment:

  1. You are a super dork! But I love you and you can write well. So it's funny!!

    ReplyDelete